To install Anaconda on Ubuntu, follow these steps:
- Download the Anaconda installer for Linux from the Anaconda website:
- Open a terminal and navigate to the directory where you downloaded the installer.
- Run the following command to make the installer executable:
chmod +x Anaconda3-20xx.xx.x-Linux-x86_64.sh
- Run the installer by typing:
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation. By default, the installer will install Anaconda in your home directory.
- When the installation is complete, you will need to update your PATH environment variable to include the Anaconda installation. To do this, open the .bashrc file in your home directory and add the following line at the end of the file:
- Close the terminal and open a new one to complete the installation process.
- To verify that Anaconda is installed and working properly, enter the following command in the terminal:
This should print the version of Anaconda that you have installed.