To install Slack on Ubuntu, follow these steps:
- Open a terminal window by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T.
- Update the package manager's list of available packages by running the following command:
- Install the gdebi package, which will allow you to install software from .deb files. Run the following command:
sudo apt-get install gdebi
- Download the Slack .deb file by visiting the following URL in a web browser:
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the directory where the .deb file was downloaded using the cd command. For example:
- Install the Slack .deb file using gdebi by running the following command:
sudo gdebi slack-desktop-*.deb
Note: The asterisk is a wildcard that will match the version number of the
.deb file that you downloaded.
- After the installation is complete, you can launch Slack by searching for it in the Dash or by running the following command in the terminal:
That's it! Slack should now be installed on your Ubuntu system.