To ping a website in Ubuntu, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Terminal by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T.
- Type the following command:
Replace "ubuntuask.com" with the URL or IP address of the website you want to ping.
- Press Enter to execute the command.
- The ping command will start sending ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol) echo request packets to the specified website or IP address. You will see the results displaying the time it takes for each packet to reach the destination and return back.
- To stop the ping process, press Ctrl + C.
Note: Make sure you have an active internet connection in your Ubuntu system to successfully ping a website.