To upgrade Minikube on Windows, you can follow the steps below:
- Open Command Prompt or PowerShell as an administrator.
- Check the current version of Minikube by running the command minikube version. Note down the version number.
- Remove the existing Minikube installation by running the command minikube delete.
- Go to the Minikube releases page on GitHub (https://github.com/kubernetes/minikube/releases) and find the latest stable version.
- Download the Minikube binary for Windows by clicking on the link ending with "-windows-amd64.exe". Save it to a convenient location on your machine.
- Rename the downloaded binary file to minikube.exe.
- Copy the minikube.exe file to a directory that is included in your system's PATH environment variable. This allows you to run the Minikube command from any location in the Command Prompt or PowerShell.
- Open a new Command Prompt or PowerShell window and run the command minikube version to verify that the new version is installed correctly.
You have now successfully upgraded Minikube on Windows.