To quickly deploy Ghost on cloud hosting, you can follow these steps:
- Choose a cloud hosting provider: There are several popular cloud hosting providers like AWS, Google Cloud, and DigitalOcean. Choose one based on your preference and budget.
- Create a Virtual Machine (VM) instance: Launch a new VM instance on your chosen cloud hosting platform. Make sure to select an appropriate configuration that meets the system requirements for running Ghost.
- Install a server operating system: Once the VM instance is created, install a server operating system like Ubuntu or CentOS. Follow the respective cloud provider's documentation on how to install the OS.
- Secure the server: Set up necessary security measures to secure your server, such as enabling a firewall, configuring SSH access, and applying security updates.
- Install Node.js and the Ghost-cli tool: Ghost requires Node.js to run. Install Node.js on your server by following the official documentation. After that, install the Ghost-cli tool globally by running the command npm install -g ghost-cli.
- Create a new directory and install Ghost: Create a new directory on your server to hold the Ghost installation. Navigate to the newly created directory and run the command ghost install to install Ghost.
- Complete the installation wizard: Follow the prompts during the installation wizard to set up your Ghost instance. You will be asked to provide the URL, database configuration, and other necessary details.
- Configure your domain: Update your DNS settings to point your domain or subdomain to the IP address of your cloud hosting instance. This step may vary depending on your domain registrar.
- Start Ghost: Once the installation is complete, start the Ghost service by running ghost start. Verify that your website is up and running by visiting the URL you configured earlier.
By following these steps, you should be able to quickly deploy Ghost on cloud hosting and have your website up and running.