To quickly deploy OpenCart on Google Cloud, you can follow the steps below:
- Sign in to the Google Cloud Console: https://console.cloud.google.com/
- Create a new project by clicking on the project dropdown and selecting "New Project". Give it a name and click "Create".
- Once the project is created, make sure it is selected in the project dropdown.
- Enable billing for your project. OpenCart requires resources that may incur charges.
- Open the Cloud Shell by clicking on the shell icon in the top right corner of the Google Cloud Console.
- In the Cloud Shell, run the following command to create a new Compute Engine instance with the necessary OpenCart configurations:
gcloud compute instances create opencart-instance --image-family=ubuntu-1804-lts --image-project=ubuntu-os-cloud --boot-disk-size=10GB --tags=http-server,https-server --metadata=startup-script='wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/deploymentmanager-samples/master/examples/v2/opencart-opencart/manifests/opencloud-manifest.yaml && chmod +x opencloud-manifest.yaml && ./opencloud-manifest.yaml'
This command will create a new Compute Engine instance using the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS image and execute a startup script that will automatically install OpenCart.
- Wait for the instance to be created. Once it's ready, you will see an "External IP" listed in the Google Cloud Console. Copy this IP address.
- In your web browser, visit the copied IP address to access your OpenCart installation. You may need to wait a few minutes for the installation to complete.
That's it! You have successfully deployed OpenCart on Google Cloud. You can now configure and customize your OpenCart store by following the instructions provided on the web interface.