To install Minikube on CentOS 8, you can follow the steps below:
- Update the system packages by running the following command:
sudo dnf update
- Install the required dependencies:
sudo dnf install curl wget conntrack
- Download the Minikube binary using curl:
curl -LO https://storage.googleapis.com/minikube/releases/latest/minikube-latest.x86_64.rpm
- Install the downloaded RPM package:
sudo rpm -ivh minikube-latest.x86_64.rpm
- Start the Minikube cluster by running the following command:
- Wait for Minikube to start. It may take a few moments.
- Verify the Minikube installation by checking the cluster status:
If the cluster is running, you should see output similar to:
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Minikube on CentOS 8. You can now use Minikube to run Kubernetes locally.