To launch Yii on hosting, you can follow these steps:
- Choose a hosting provider that supports PHP and MySQL, as Yii is a PHP framework that requires a database.
- Sign up for a hosting account and purchase a domain name if you don't have one already.
- Once you have access to your hosting account, log in to the control panel or FTP manager, and locate the "public_html" or "www" directory. This is the root directory where your website files will be stored.
- Upload your Yii project files to the "public_html" or "www" directory. Make sure to include all the necessary Yii framework files.
- Create a new MySQL database for your Yii application. This can usually be done from the hosting control panel. Take note of the database name, username, and password.
- Modify the database configuration file in your Yii project. The configuration file is usually located in the "protected/config" directory. Open the file and update the database connection information with the details of the MySQL database you just created.
- Set up the necessary file permissions for your Yii project. The directories "assets" and "protected/runtime" should be writable by the web server, typically by setting their permissions to 777.
- Set up the URL rewriting rules if your hosting supports it. Yii uses clean URLs by default, and you may need to enable URL rewriting for the framework to work properly. This can usually be done via an .htaccess file or the hosting control panel.
- Finally, access your Yii application by entering the domain name in your web browser. You should see the initial Yii installation screen or your application's homepage if you have already created it.
That's it! Your Yii application should now be running on your hosting server.