To install Yii on Hostinger, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your Hostinger account and go to the control panel.
- Navigate to the "File Manager" section and open it.
- Create a new directory (folder) where you want to install Yii. For example, you can create a folder named "yii" in the public_html directory.
- Download the latest version of Yii from the official website (https://www.yiiframework.com/) or using the following command:
- Extract the downloaded Yii package. You can use the following command:
tar -xzvf yii-basic-app-2.0.42.tgz
- Now, go to the extracted Yii folder and select all the files and directories inside it.
- Select the "Upload" option in the Hostinger file manager and upload the selected files and directories to the directory you created in step 3 (e.g., public_html/yii).
- Once the files are uploaded, go to your website's URL (e.g., example.com/yii) in a web browser. You should see the Yii installation page.
- Follow the instructions on the installation page to complete Yii installation. You may need to configure the database connection and other settings.
- After completing the installation, remove the installation directory for security purposes. You can remove the "yii" directory in this case.
That's it! You have successfully installed Yii on Hostinger. You can now start building your Yii application.