To install Yii on 000Webhost, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your 000Webhost account and go to the control panel.
- Click on the "Upload Files" button to access the file manager.
- In the file manager, create a new directory where you want to install Yii. For example, you can create a directory called "yii" in the public_html folder.
- Download the Yii framework from the official website (https://www.yiiframework.com/download) or use Composer to install it.
- Extract the Yii framework files on your local computer.
- Upload the extracted Yii framework files to the directory you created on 000Webhost using the file manager's upload feature. Make sure to upload all the Yii framework files and directories.
- Set the correct file permissions for the framework files and directories. Usually, the folders should have a permission of 755, and the files should have a permission of 644. You can change the file permissions using the file manager's "Permissions" feature.
- Access your website using a web browser, specifying the Yii installation directory. For example, if the Yii directory is "yii", you can access it by going to http://yourdomain.com/yii.
- Follow the Yii installation instructions provided by the framework to complete the installation process. This usually involves configuring the database connection and creating the initial project files.
Note: 000Webhost might have limitations or restrictions on the execution of certain PHP scripts, so make sure to check their terms of service or contact their support if you encounter any issues during the installation process.