To run MODX on Rackspace, you can follow these steps:
- Sign up for a Rackspace account and login to your Rackspace Cloud Control Panel.
- Create a new server by clicking on the "Create Server" button.
- Select the desired server configuration (such as size, RAM, and storage) and choose your preferred operating system.
- Under the "Image" section, select a suitable Linux distribution, such as Ubuntu or CentOS, that is supported by MODX.
- Set a name for your server and choose a region for hosting.
- Configure the networking options as per your requirements.
- Select an SSH keypair for secure access to your server and set the root password.
- Review your server configuration and click on "Create Server" to provision it.
- Once the server is provisioned, you will receive the SSH credentials and server IP address in your email.
- Connect to your server using an SSH client (such as PuTTY for Windows or Terminal for macOS/Linux) using the provided credentials.
- Install LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack on your server. You can refer to the official MODX documentation for the specific requirements and installation steps.
- Configure Apache and MySQL to work with MODX by creating a virtual host and setting up the necessary database.
- Download the MODX installation package from the MODX website and upload it to your server using SFTP or SCP.
- Extract the MODX package in the document root of your virtual host.
- Run the MODX installer by accessing the website in your browser using the server IP or domain name.
- Follow the installer wizard to configure MODX and provide the necessary database details.
- Once the installation is complete, you can login to the MODX Manager and start building your website.
Note: It's recommended to consult the MODX documentation and Rackspace support for any specific setup or configuration details based on your specific needs and server setup.