MODX can be deployed on RackSpace by following these steps:
- Sign in to your RackSpace account and navigate to the Control Panel.
- Click on "Create Server" or "Create Instance" to start the process of creating a new server.
- Choose the desired server size and configuration options that meet your requirements.
- Select the operating system for the server. MODX is compatible with Linux distributions such as CentOS, Debian, or Ubuntu.
- Configure networking options, security groups, and any additional settings as needed.
- Once the server is created and running, connect to it using SSH or other remote access methods.
- Install the necessary software dependencies for MODX, such as a web server (Apache or Nginx), PHP, and a database (MySQL or MariaDB).
- Download the latest version of MODX CMS from the official MODX website.
- Upload the MODX installation package to your RackSpace server using SCP or a similar file transfer method.
- Extract the MODX package and follow the installation instructions provided by MODX to complete the installation process.
- Configure your web server to serve the MODX files and set up any necessary virtual hosts or domain names.
- Once the installation is complete, access the MODX administration panel through a web browser and begin configuring your website.
Remember to ensure that your RackSpace server meets the minimum system requirements for running MODX and to follow best practices for security and backups.