Next.js is typically installed on the server-side of a web hosting environment. You will need to have Node.js installed on your web hosting server as Next.js requires Node.js runtime to run.
To install Next.js on your web hosting, you can follow these general steps:
- Access your web hosting server via SSH or a terminal.
- Make sure that Node.js is installed by running the following command:
If Node.js is not installed, you can refer to your hosting provider's documentation for instructions on how to install Node.js.
- Once Node.js is installed, navigate to your desired installation directory.
- Use the following command to initialize a new Next.js project:
This command will create a new Next.js project with the necessary dependencies.
- Follow the prompts to set up the project.
- Once the project is set up, you can start the Next.js development server by running:
npm run dev
This will start the development server and provide you with the URL where your Next.js application can be accessed.
Note: The specific steps may vary depending on your web hosting provider and their specific server setup. It is recommended to consult your hosting provider's documentation or support for detailed instructions on installing Next.js on their platform.