To install Prometheus on A2 Hosting, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your A2 Hosting account using SSH.
- Once logged in, navigate to the public HTML directory by running the following command:
- Download the Prometheus server installation package using the following command:
Replace "X.X.X" with the version you want to install.
- Extract the downloaded package by running the following command:
tar -xvf prometheus-X.X.X.linux-amd64.tar.gz
- Move into the extracted directory by running the command:
- Start Prometheus by executing the following command:
This starts the Prometheus server using the configuration file "prometheus.yml" located in the same directory. Make sure to adjust the command based on your specific configuration file name and location.
- Access Prometheus by visiting the URL: http://your-domain-name-or-server-IP:9090
You should be able to access the Prometheus web interface and start configuring the Prometheus server for your monitoring needs.
Note: Make sure you have the necessary permissions to install and run software on your hosting account. If you face any issues during the installation process, consider contacting A2 Hosting support for assistance.