To run Svelte on A2 Hosting, you will need to follow these steps:
- Sign up for an A2 Hosting account and set up your domain or subdomain. Make sure you have access to the hosting control panel.
- Connect to your hosting account using a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) client like FileZilla.
- Upload your Svelte project to the hosting account. Make sure to upload all the necessary files and folders.
- Log in to your hosting control panel and navigate to the "Software" section.
- Look for an option called "Node.js Selector" or "Node.js Version Manager" and click on it.
- Select the desired Node.js version for your Svelte project. Make sure it is compatible with your Svelte version.
- Click on the "Configure" button next to the Node.js version you selected.
- In the configuration settings, navigate to the "Application Path" or "Application Directory" section.
- Enter the path to your Svelte project's root directory. This is the directory where the "package.json" file is located.
- Save the configuration settings and exit the Node.js Selector.
- Go back to your hosting control panel and find the "Domains" or "Domain Management" section.
- Set up a domain or subdomain for your Svelte project. Make sure to point it to the correct directory where your Svelte project is located.
- Wait for the DNS changes to propagate, which may take a few minutes to a few hours.
- Access your Svelte project by entering the domain or subdomain in a web browser. If everything is set up correctly, you should see your Svelte application running.
Please note that the steps may vary slightly depending on the specific A2 Hosting package and control panel interface you are using.