To install Minikube in Ubuntu 18.04, you can follow these steps:
- Update your system's packages:
sudo apt update
- Install the dependencies needed by minikube:
sudo apt install -y apt-transport-https virtualbox curl
- Download the minikube binary and make it executable:
curl -LO https://storage.googleapis.com/minikube/releases/latest/minikube-linux-amd64
sudo install minikube-linux-amd64 /usr/local/bin/minikube
- Verify that minikube is installed correctly:
It should display the installed Minikube version.
- Start minikube using the virtualbox driver:
minikube start --driver=virtualbox
This command will create a virtual machine using VirtualBox and start minikube inside it.
- Wait for the minikube cluster to be ready. It may take a few minutes.
- Verify the status of your minikube cluster:
It should display "Running" along with other details such as kubectl version, cluster version, etc.
That's it! You have successfully installed Minikube on your Ubuntu 18.04 system. Now you can start deploying and managing Kubernetes applications.