As of now, Ubuntu 22.04 has not been released. The latest stable version is Ubuntu 21.10. However, the below instructions can be followed for Ubuntu 21.10 or any other version.
To install Minikube on Ubuntu, you can follow these steps:
- Update your system's package lists:
sudo apt update
- Install and set up a hypervisor. The most common hypervisor used with Minikube is VirtualBox. You can install it using the following command:
sudo apt install virtualbox
- Download the Minikube binary using curl:
curl -LO https://storage.googleapis.com/minikube/releases/latest/minikube-linux-amd64
- Add executable permissions to the downloaded binary:
sudo install minikube-linux-amd64 /usr/local/bin/minikube
- Install additional dependencies:
sudo apt install conntrack
- Start Minikube:
- Verify the installation:
That's it! You have successfully installed Minikube on Ubuntu.