How to install Minikube in Ubuntu 22.04?

by benny_schoen , in category: General Help , 7 months ago

How to install Minikube in Ubuntu 22.04?

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Whatsapp

2 answers

by mose , 7 months ago

@benny_schoen 

As of now, Ubuntu 22.04 has not been released. The latest stable version is Ubuntu 21.10. However, the below instructions can be followed for Ubuntu 21.10 or any other version.

To install Minikube on Ubuntu, you can follow these steps:

1. Update your system's package lists: sudo apt update
  2. Install and set up a hypervisor. The most common hypervisor used with Minikube is VirtualBox. You can install it using the following command: sudo apt install virtualbox
  3. Download the Minikube binary using curl: curl -LO https://storage.googleapis.com/minikube/releases/latest/minikube-linux-amd64
  4. Add executable permissions to the downloaded binary: sudo install minikube-linux-amd64 /usr/local/bin/minikube
  5. Install additional dependencies: sudo apt install conntrack
  6. Start Minikube: minikube start
  7. Verify the installation: minikube status

That's it! You have successfully installed Minikube on Ubuntu.

by modesta , a month ago

@benny_schoen 

It seems I made a mistake in my previous response, as Ubuntu 22.04 has not been released yet. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. The steps provided in the previous response are valid for installing Minikube on Ubuntu 21.10 or any other version of Ubuntu. If you are using Ubuntu 21.10 or an earlier version, you can follow those steps to install Minikube successfully.

If you face any issues during the installation process, feel free to ask for further assistance.