To host a Gatsby site on SiteGround, you can follow these steps:
- Sign up for a hosting plan with SiteGround if you haven't already done so.
- Once you have signed up and logged into your SiteGround account, go to your User Area.
- Under "My Accounts," select the website you want to host your Gatsby site on.
- In the website management panel, click on "Go to cPanel."
- In the cPanel, locate the "WordPress Tools" section and click on "WordPress Installer."
- On the WordPress Installer page, under "Choose Protocol," select the appropriate protocol (HTTP or HTTPS) for your site.
- In the "Choose Domain" section, select the domain where you want to install your Gatsby site.
- In the "In Directory" field, leave it blank if you want to install your Gatsby site in the root folder, or specify a subfolder if desired.
- Provide a Site Name, Site Description, Admin Username, Admin Password, and Admin Email. These will be used to create your WordPress installation, which will serve as the backend for your Gatsby site.
- Under the "Select Plugins" section, you can choose whether or not to install any plugins. This step is optional and depends on your needs.
- Click on the "Install" button to initiate the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be provided with the login details for your WordPress installation. Note down this information.
- Access your new WordPress installation by entering the domain name in a web browser. You should see the default WordPress site.
- To use Gatsby, you need to replace the default WordPress theme with your Gatsby site files. You can do this by accessing your website files through an FTP client or using the File Manager in cPanel.
- Upload your Gatsby site files to the appropriate directory. Usually, this will be the "public_html" directory for the main domain or the subfolder you specified during installation.
- Make sure to update your DNS settings to point to your SiteGround server if you haven't done so already. This will ensure that your domain is correctly mapped to your Gatsby site.
- Once the files have been uploaded and the DNS settings have propagated, your Gatsby site should be accessible using your domain name.
Note: Hosting a Gatsby site on SiteGround involves using WordPress as a backend, which means you will have to manage your content through the WordPress admin interface and use Gatsby to build and deploy the static site.